2018 Applications are NOW closed out!
BUSINESS BOOTH DESCRIPTION (10 x 10 or 10 x 20 Area)
The Atlanta Chili Cook Off is a 1- day community event; as such, booth space is available to community groups, organizations and vendors for the purpose of informing attendees about their businesses, organizations or services (Please note that political groups/organizations, political candidates, and religious groups/organizations are EXCLUDED from having a booth.) Business booths are encouraged to also compete in the Chili & Brunswick Stew competition as an amateur team. This is a perfect way to have visitors come by your booth. Please indicate on application if you choose to do this. Please go to competition info page or click links below for more info on serving chili and/or Brunswick stew. All applications must be postmarked and paid by: September 15th. Please read all materials before completing the form below:
All business booth applications will be first come – first served. To guarantee a space for this year’s festival you complete the application and have payment in full. (No later than September 15th) If you are accepted into the show and you display/sell any items that are not acceptable by the Festival, the exhibitor will be asked to remove the items from their booth. Exhibitors are selected from submitted applications and researched prior to approval. Printing, t-shirts, specialty drink/food services, newspapers, sunglasses, and any item NOT HAND MADE are considered business booths (See Application). Event producers will do their best not to duplicate vendors. Organizations may choose to distribute giveaway, sell wares or have games and activities for festival attendees in the assigned booth space only. Armus Media Group, LLC reserves the right to define a business booth and ALL applicants will be reviewed. Failure on the part of any booth vendor and/or the booth vendor’s staff to adhere to the rules and policies will result in removal, forfeiture of fees and inability to return to for future festivals.
Upon completing your application, the Atlanta Chili Cook Off will send an acceptance email notification. Within 2 weeks of event date you will receive detailed information about set up and breakdown procedures. All notifications of acceptance will be communicated by September 15th. If for some reason you do not receive a reply by then, please phone (404) 456-4655.
Applications submitted must include the following:
- Application completed in full and legible.
- Payment in full via Check or Credit Card by September 15th once booth is approved by event organizers.
All returned checks are subject to a $35 service fee.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Booth fees are non-refundable
- Check or credit card payment must be included with your application. Applications will not be processed without payment in full if you are selected.
- Exhibitors’ are responsible for safe storage containment and full value of all materials.
- Electricity is available for a fee.
- Exhibitors are not permitted to bring alcohol or pets into the festival area.
- Exhibitors may not sublet any portion of their space to another exhibitor.
- Open flames are not permitted.
- All returned checks are subject to a $35 fee.
- The Event Producers is not responsible for any items lost or damaged.
ITEMS NOT ALLOWED
- Items considered a projectile.
- Any item/toy which is similar to or imitates the actions of a firearm, or firework including but not limited to poppers, snakes, smoke-balls, squirt-guns, and sparklers.
- Clothing with profanity, promoting illegal activity or scantly clothed images.
- No live animals may be distributed or sold on the premises. (Approved pet adoptions groups may be allowed)
- No food or beverages can be given away.
- Free raffles will be allowed: in other words, an item can be raffled off only if the raffle tickets are free, given away. Any raffles where the tickets are being sold will not be allowed without a license/permit from the State of Georgia and approved by event producers.
- Booth participants are responsible for the security of their property.
- Groups must comply with all ordinances, codes, laws, rules and regulations of the city, county and state.
- Armus Media Group, LLC and event producers retain the right to refuse or limit vendors.
- Armus Media Group, LLC is not responsible for injury or loss due to fire, theft, vandalism or weather.
- Booths must be staffed for the entire hours of the festival, unless otherwise indicated by the event producers
- Armus Media Group, LLC and event producers will be inspecting booths of chance and sales. Items deemed inappropriate will not be allowed and the booth vendor will be asked to remove the inappropriate items. Failure to comply could result in closing of the booth.
- Distribution of handouts, flyers, literature or promotional items will not be allowed outside of the designated booth space.
- Politicians may mingle in the crowds, but only verbal promotion will be allowed. No distribution of campaign literature or promotional items will be allowed.
TENTS: ALL TENTS MUST BE SECURED AND WEIGHTED DOWN WITH A MINIMUM OF 30lb WEIGHTS ON ALL FOUR CORNERS. The tent should be secure enough to withstand any thunderstorms that are not uncommon this time of the year.
BREAK DOWN: During breakdown, which will occur on Saturday at the specified time, exhibitors by chance may not be able to park their vehicle right next to their booth space. Every attempt is made so exhibitors can get as close as they can to their booth space to load their vehicle. A handcart is recommended to assist exhibitors.
SET UP: Each exhibitor is assigned a set up time to prevent congestion on the festival streets. Included with the exhibitor acceptance package a specific set up time is given along with one parking permit. In order to have a successful set up for all exhibitors it is important to adhere to the arrival times and have all information ready available upon arrival. There will be additional festival vehicles and vendors who are arriving for set up around the same time as the craft vendors. Exhibitors who arrive late should be aware that the festival streets are closed to all vehicles at a designated time.
If exhibitors arrive after the streets are closed to vehicle traffic, exhibitors will have to park outside festival grounds and carry/cart materials to their assigned space. Upon arrival to the festival area exhibitors will be asked the booth number and then you will be directed to the booth location. Be prepared to unload all materials/supplies that are needed to set up the booth. Exhibitors will be asked to park their vehicles off festival grounds once all materials are unloaded. Festival marshals will assist in directing exhibitors where to park. Parking is within walking distance. Exhibitors then return to their booth to continue set up of their craft booth.
Exhibitors are to be prepared to have their exhibit ready for public viewing/shopping: Saturday, October 8th by 11 a.m.
PARKING: Parking is not allowed in the Festival area. We will have a designated are for festival vendors for parking and will send you a map indicating this area.
WEATHER: The Atlanta Chili Cook Off Festival will not be cancelled in the case of inclement weather. Exhibitors are to be fully prepared to protect against adverse conditions, such as rain, wind, sun, heat, etc. If severe weather conditions persist, i.e., thunderstorm/lightning, the Festival will temporarily close down and then reopen. Vehicles will not be allowed in the Festival area during cloudbursts – please be prepared to protect your merchandise. Exhibitors are expected to reopen their booths as soon as possible once the weather has cleared and the Festival reopens. No refunds will be issued for inclement weather.
SALES TAX: All exhibitors are required to pay tax their own taxes and the Atlanta Chili Cook Off /Armus Media Group, LLC is not responsible for any and all sales made at the Atlanta Chili Cook Off.
Exhibitors are to be prepared to have their exhibit ready for public viewing/shopping Saturday, October 13th by 11:00 a.m.
No Cars will be allowed in festival area after 10am. This means you must have all booth equipment, items etc dropped off by 10am.
Festival times are from 11am until 5pm.